Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Play dates on wheels

    After dropping Ava off at preschool we had a little playdate via the bike. Luke's got to bring a friend for our ride. We saw ducks, got a muffin, and went to story time at the library and got to Avas school in time to pick her up and drop of Sammy (lukes BF).  Now I need to figure out how to haul more than two kids around. I need a cargo bike.
  If you've read some of my previous posts you'll notice I'm interested in a box-bike (carries the kids in front) but I have yet to find one the is right for me (plus they are $$$$). I just so happen to have an engineer for a brother who just so happens to build bamboo bikes and just so happens to hold workshops to teach people to build bamboo bikes http://www.bamboobikestudio.com/. So I was lucky enough to go for a visit to their Brooklyn workshop to learn to build a bike. Together with Marty and his parteners we are going to engineer and build a bamboo cargo bike! I'll post more on our adventure later. Building my own bike frame was an amazing experience and if you get lucky enough to get a chance (even if your brother isn't the owner) I highly reccomend it. Check out my future posts for more on the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment