Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Breeze Through My Hair

Today I couldn't find my helmet. We were late to drop Ava off at school and we really had to leave. I did it. I rode my bike without a helmet. I have to say (while I won't do it again- I promise mom) it felt great. There is something about the spring air when you live by the ocean when the fog is rolling in and the weather is warm. Without my helmet my hair was blowing behind me and memories of childhood blew with it. Yippee!
Remember when we didn't think to wear helmets?  The free feeling didn't last long because I felt very conscious of the people looking at me and I felt, judging the irresponsible mom.

I also had a challenge of getting a snack basket to school filled with fruit and vegetables for 15 of Ava's classmates. It didn't fit in the kids trailer and I don't have a cargo rack on the back of the bike so I had to hold in my hand as we traveled into town. It worked out OK, but I really need to get the right gear if I'm going to be successful with bike commuting.

Now the rain has started to fall yet again, but the bike is ready for another day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment